The 2018 Spellman High Voltage Electronics Clean Tech Competition is almost here!
Challenge your students to “Solve Climate Change”
Registration open November 20, 2017!
Win up to $10,000!
It’s that time of year again! The students are ready for new challenges and here’s one of them. The 2018 Spellman High Voltage Electronics Clean Tech Competition is here and registration will open on November 20th. In 2017 we had 26 different nations have a team sign up to be a part of the Competition and with your help, we can continue that in 2018. This is a wonderful opportunity for the high school students of Science Teachers Association of Manitoba to showcase their knowledge and passion for STEM to solve a very real issue the entire world is facing: Climate Change.
The Clean Tech Competition is an international research and design challenge for 15-18 year old pre-university students. This is a prestigious educational opportunity for students across the world that challenges students to be innovative while encouraging their passion for the sciences and we want to invite the students of Science Teachers Association of Manitoba to participate in this year’s competition! Now is the time to tell your teachers and spreading the word to the students so they can gather their teams and get ready to register! There is no limit to the amount of teams per school/organization and I hope to see many registrations from yours.
Each year, the Spellman High Voltage Electronics Clean Tech Competition encourages scientific understanding of real-world issues and the integration of environmentally responsible energy sources.
- The 2018 Challenge: “Solving Climate Change” asks students to develop a clean technology solution to the many problems associate with climate change.
- Teams consist of 1-3 students, are assisted by a Team Leader (i.e. parent, teacher, or mentor), to develop a written proposal.
- No limit to the number of teams per school!
- There is no entry fee.
- Online registration November 20th!
- First Round Paper Submissions are due April 20, 2018.
- 10 Finalist Teams are selected, given a $200 (USD) stipend and matched with a Mentor to help them prepare a Prototype and presentation for the Finalist Event.
- Finalists compete for the $10,000 (USD) grand prize and a ‘Continued Mentorship’
- Final event to happen at Stony Brook University, NY, USA July 13, 2018!
How can your students get involved?
To help bring the Clean Tech Competition to your organization’s students, we ask that you share information about this opportunity with students, fellow educators, and parents. Feel free to distribute the following informational documents:
If you have any questions regarding the competition details, or how to incorporate the competition into your curriculum, please contact us. We look forward to having participants representing United Kingdom in the Clean Tech Competition this year and in years to come!
Competition Administrator: Mr. Frank DiGiovanni * Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
( Phone: +1-516-764-0045
: Website: www.cleantechcompetition.org
Facebook & Twitter
“From young minds come fresh solutions”