Registration is open and waiting for your students, but only until March 16th.
So far 21 different nations have signed up teams: the Bahamas, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Egypt, Fiji, France, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Malaysia, Moldova, Pakistan, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland and the United States. High school students from United Kingdom are invited to take on the challenge and be a part of the Competition; with your help, more schools from your state will be represented! This is an incredible opportunity for the high school students of United Kingdom to show the world they’re capable of changing it for the better! I would love to know that it was because of the Science Teachers Association of Manitoba that a student signed up! As STEM educators, we know that students deserve a chance to show their knowledge and passion for STEM to the world especially as we try to solve the very real issue the world is facing: Climate Change.
Don’t let this incredible opportunity for your students to pass by! Now is the time to tell your teachers, parents and students so they can gather their teams and get ready to register! They don’t have to submit their papers yet, but in order to be a part of the Competition, they must be registered before March 16. Late registrations will not be accepted. There is no limit to the number of teams per school/ organization and I hope to see many registrations thanks to your efforts.
Each year, the Spellman High Voltage Electronics Clean Tech Competition encourages scientific understanding of real-world issues and the integration of environmentally responsible energy sources.
- The 2018 Challenge: “Solving Climate Change” asks students to develop a clean technology solution to the many problems associate with climate change.
- Teams consist of 1-3 students, are assisted by a Team Leader (i.e. parent, teacher, or mentor), to develop a written proposal.
- No limit to the number of teams per school!
- There is no entry fee.
- Online registration is open here!
- Deadline to register is March 16, 2018
- First Round Paper Submissions are due April 13, 2018.
- 10 Finalist Teams will be selected, given a $200 (USD) stipend and matched with a Mentor to help them prepare a Prototype and presentation for the Finalist Event.
- Finalists compete for the $10,000 (USD) grand prize and a ‘Continued Mentorship’
- Final event to happen at Stony Brook University, New York, USA July 12, 2018!
How can your students get involved?
To help bring the Clean Tech Competition to your organization’s students, we ask that you share information about this opportunity with students, fellow educators, and parents. Feel free to distribute the following informational documents:
If you have any questions regarding the competition details, or how to incorporate the competition into your curriculum, please contact us. We look forward to having participants representing United Kingdom in the Clean Tech Competition this year and in years to come! Thank you for any help you can give in getting this message to your community.
Competition Administrator: Mr. Frank DiGiovanni * Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
( Phone: +1-516-764-0045
: Website: www.cleantechcompetition.org
Facebook & Twitter
“From young minds come fresh solutions”