The 2018 Spellman High Voltage Electronics
Clean Tech Competition is here!
Challenge your students to “Solve Climate Change”
Registration is open!
Win up to $10,000!
Registration for the 2018 Spellman High Voltage Electronics Clean Tech Competition is open and waiting for your students. 2017 saw 26 different nations had teams sign up to be a part of the Competition and with your help, we can continue to grow that number in 2018, but we can’t do it alone. In the 10 days since registration opened we already have three nations submit 10 teams! Small so far but off to a great start! This is a wonderful opportunity for the high school students that Science Teachers Association of Manitoba serves to showcase their knowledge and passion for STEM to solve a very real issue the entire world is facing: Climate Change.
The Clean Tech Competition is an international research and design challenge for 15-18 year old pre-university students. This is an educational opportunity for students across the world that challenges students to be innovative while encouraging their passion for the sciences and we want the students of United Kingdom to participate in this year’s competition! Now is the time to tell your teachers and spreading the word to the students so they can gather their teams and get ready to register! There is no limit to the amount of teams per school/organization and I hope that with your help, we see many registrations from Science Teachers Association of Manitoba.
Each year, the Spellman High Voltage Electronics Clean Tech Competition encourages scientific understanding of real-world issues and the integration of environmentally responsible energy sources.
- The 2018 Challenge: “Solving Climate Change” asks students to develop a clean technology solution to the many problems associate with climate change.
- Teams consist of 1-3 students, are assisted by a Team Leader (i.e. parent, teacher, or mentor), to develop a written proposal.
- No limit to the number of teams per school!
- There is no entry fee.
- Online registration is open here!
- First Round Paper Submissions are due April 20, 2018.
- 10 Finalist Teams will be selected, given a $200 (USD) stipend and matched with a Mentor to help them prepare a Prototype and presentation for the Finalist Event.
- Finalists compete for the $10,000 (USD) grand prize and a ‘Continued Mentorship’
- Final event to happen at Stony Brook University, New York, USA July 13, 2018!
How can your students get involved?
To help bring the Clean Tech Competition to your organization’s students, we ask that you share information about this opportunity with students, fellow educators, and parents. Feel free to distribute the following informational documents:
If you have any questions regarding the competition details, or how to incorporate the competition into your curriculum, please contact us. We look forward to having participants representing United Kingdom in the Clean Tech Competition this year and in years to come!
Competition Administrator: Mr. Frank DiGiovanni * Email: email@example.com
( Phone: +1-516-764-0045
: Website: www.cleantechcompetition.org
Facebook & Twitter