STAM MISSION STATEMENT
To promote and support the development of science education for teachers and students of Manitoba.
PRIORITIZED GOAL STATEMENTS
1. To promote leadership in science education.
- to be an umbrella group for other science organizations
- to work with local, national, and international science organizations
- to prepare science educators for changes in science and technology
2. To develop and support a wide range of professional development
opportunities for Manitoba educators.
- to provide and support workshops on a variety of topics
- to produce a major interdisciplinary inservice day for science educators
3. To be proactive in curriculum development and review.
- to review new curriculum materials
- to make recommendations on curricular issues as necessary
4. To communicate with science educators and science related organizations.
- to link with other professional bodies and organizations
- to communicate directly with STAM members
5. To support science education through awards and grants.
- to administer the “Science Teacher of the Year Award”
- to administer the Canada Wide Science Foundation for science activities of Manitoba students