Have BIG FUN exploring the science of the small with your family at the Manitoba Museum. Presented by BMO, Spring Break this year is dedicated to the young ones we love and activities are inspired by the little things that inspire BIG curiosity.
All activities are included with paid admission to the Museum and Members, get in FREE! (Memberships are 15% off during Spring Break.)
Museum Hours: Open March 24 to April 1, 10 am to 5 pm.
- It’s the Little Things: Scavenger Hunt • Museum Galleries – Find the little things that inspire big curiosity throughout the galleries. Enter your answers for a chance to win a terrific prize from BMO.
- Playing Around: Toys & Games: Discovery Room • 1 pm to 4 pm • Explore the miniature versions of life-sized things that fascinate the kid in all of us.
- Take a Small Step into Spring: Alloway Hall • Kids can make a huge difference for butterflies by learning all about tiny seeds and taking part in exciting hands-on activities and crafts.
- Snapshots of Canada: Alloway Hall • Discover some of the unforgettable moments in history that have shaped our country through compelling images and texts by well-known authors.
- Meet BMO the Bear: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday • 1 pm to 4 pm Make sure you stop and get a selfie with the always cute and cuddly, BMO the Bear!
- Take a Wee Break: Festival Hall • Movies featuring pint-sized heroes will be showing all day in Festival Hall. Bring a lunch and relax while watching Thumbelina, Horton Hears a Who, The LEGO Movie, Antz, and more!
- NEW Show – Planet Hunters • 2 pm & 4 pm • This brand-new planetarium show explores new worlds being discovered in our vast galaxy that might have the building blocks for life.
- Cell, Cell, Cell • 12 noon • For Spring Break Only! Learn about the trillions of minuscule parts that make up our complex bodies in this show about human biology and the reproductive system.
- Perfect Little Planet • 11 am & 3 pm • Discover our solar system through a new set of eyes – a family from another star system seeking the perfect vacation spot.
- Zula Patrol: Down to Earth • 1 pm • The zany cast of Zula Patrol learns about our planet and its many life forms.
In the Science Gallery
- Microscopy • Discover how microscopes allow us to zoom in on a whole new teeny world around us in the Explore Science Zone.
- Engineered for Speed • Build and test your own race car replica or experiment with miniature cars on the gravity track.
- Brickyard: Build with LEGO Bricks • Tiny bricks inspire grand ideas and can help you solve science and engineering problems.
- Lake Winnipeg Shared Solutions • See how small actions can lead to big solutions using our simulator to try and save Lake Winnipeg.