2017 Clean Tech Competition
Challenge your students to “Create a Greener Future”
Registration is open!
Win up to $10,000!
Registration for the 2017 Clean Tech Competition has only been open for three weeks and in that two weeks we have had 50 different teams from eight different nations sign up! We want to get the word to the students and teachers that the Science Teachers Association of Manitoba serves.
The Clean Tech Competition is an international research and design challenge for 15-18 year old pre-university students. This is a prestigious educational opportunity for students across the world that challenges students to be innovative while encouraging their passion for the sciences and we want to invite the students of your school to participate in this year’s competition!
2016 saw the largest competition ever and Clean Tech continues to grow! There were 392 teams from 19 different countries participated with almost 1,000 total students participating. Along with the 19 countries, the final round had four different nations represented and competing for first prize! And at this rate of registration and your help Principal it will only continue to get bigger!
Each year, the Clean Tech Competition encourages scientific understanding of real-world issues and the integration of environmentally responsible energy sources.
- The 2017 Challenge: “Creating a Greener Future” asks students to develop a clean technology solution to the problems associate with buildings, homes, efficiency and building materials.
- Teams consist of 1-3 students, are assisted by a Team Leader (i.e. parent, teacher, or mentor), to develop a written proposal.
- There is no entry fee.
- Online registration is open!
- First Round Paper Submissions are due 14 April, 20176.
- 10 Finalist Teams are selected, given a $200 (USD) stipend and matched with a Mentor to help them prepare a Prototype and presentation for the Finalist Event.
- Finalists compete for the $10,000 (USD) grand prize and ‘Continued Mentorship’ at the 2017
- Final event to happen at Stony Brook University, NY, USA!
- Official Competition website www.cleantechcompetition.org
How can your students get involved?
To help bring the Clean Tech Competition to your country and schools, we ask that you share information about this opportunity with students, fellow educators, and parents. Feel free to distribute the following informational documents:
If you have any questions regarding the competition details, or how to incorporate the competition into your curriculum, please contact us. We look forward to having participants representing United Kingdom schools in the Clean Tech Competition this year and in years to come!
Competition Administrator: Mr. Frank DiGiovanni * Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
( Phone: +1-516-764-0045
: Website: www.cleantechcompetition.org
Facebook & Twitter
“From young minds come fresh solutions”